About ADR group
European airports are becoming the restricting bottleneck to the overall ATM system for the current volume of traffic and the further expected growth of demand in the aviation sector. Hence the need to develope an accurate coordination system through the exchange of detailed information in real time between all the stakeholders in order to improve performance and optimize resources.
What is Airport CDM?
Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) is an operational procedure to improve air traffic management through a better information sharing between all the stakeholders (airport operator, ground handlers, airlines, air traffic service providers, CFMU – Central Flow Management Unit). This new procedure increases efficiency and punctuality by improving air traffic flow and airport capacity management, reducing delays by improving events predictability and optimizing resources utilization.
A-CDM is therefore a procedure that expects a better collaboration between all the stakeholders using more updated, better quality and unique meaning data; all the procedures and communication policies will be standardized in order to reduce any possible error source.
The A-CDM procedure begins with the ATC flight plan transmission 3 hours before the EOBT (Estimated Off Block Time) and continues through 16 milestones that describe the status of the flight in all its phases up to the take off (ATOT – Actual Take Off Time).
A-CDM Expected benefits
All A-CDM partners will benefit from the project:
- Aircraft Operators: better adherence to schedule; taxi times reduction (fuel consumptionreduction)
- Ground Handlers: better planning and resources utilization
- Airport Operators: reduced environmental impact; increased punctuality better planning and management of gates and stands; maximum capacity utilization
- ATC: better pre-departure sequence; increased punctuality and maximum capacity Utilization; increased traffic predictability.
- CFMU: optimised use of airspace capacity linked to an improvement of the air traffic flow; better adherence to slots.
For any further information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaflet 1 - CDM introduction
- Leaflet 2-Information sharing
- Leaflet 3-Milestones
- Leaflet 4-Automatic TOBT
- Leaflet 5-Manual TOBT (updated 2012, may 14th)
- Leaflet 6-Ready procedure
- Leaflet 7-Start-up procedure (updated 2012, oct 16th)
- Leaflet 8- TSAT (updated 2012, may 14th)
- Leaflet 9- VTT
- Flight Crew Briefing
A-CDM Platform (FAST) access form:
A-CDM Platform (FAST) incident reporting form