ADR: holiday period 25 April to 1 May
Services, forecasts and travel tips
- First quarter 2012: improved services at Fiumicino airport
- Over 750,000 passengers expected for the long weekend
- Informed travel: tips for an untroubled departure
Fiumicino, 23 April 2012- In 2011 the airlines transiting at Fiumicino airport returned within the time established by the Charter of Services about 360,000 more baggage items than in 2009, reducing by 70% the percentage of mishandled bags (lost or returned late to passengers). This is what emerged from the report by SITA, a leading provider of information systems for air transport. Positive data, in terms of quality of service, has also been recorded at "Leonardo da Vinci" in the first quarter of 2012, particularly in the following areas:
- Baggage Reclaim: further improvements in the 1st quarter of 2011 performance
- Flight punctuality: over 79% on time
- Toilet cleaning: only 2.0% of non-conforming cases
The high approval rating of Leonardo da Vinci is also evidenced by the survey of flights and airlines conducted by reviews site TripAdvisor, on a sample of more than 5,000 European travellers, according to whichFiumicino is the travellers' favourite airport for quality of services. When asked to choose from a select list of Italian airports which one offered the best services (restaurants, shops, hairdressers, spas), 48% of respondents chose the Rome Fiumicino airport.
During the next Spring long weekend, between arrivals and departures, over 750,000 passengers are expected to transitthrough Fiumicino. The most popular destinations will be Art cities and European capitals also thanks to new links activated recently (Azerbaijan). Very popular are also flights to and from the Far East due to the on-going development of the carriers, led by Emirates and Qatar Airways, offering their hub airports (Dubai, Doha) as an ideal gateway to many destinations and to continue the journey to the Far East, like the recent connection of Turkish Airlines to Istanbul.
North and South America confirm their trend: from May, U.S. Airways flights to Charlotte will resume, as will American Airlines flights to New York (JFK) and Chicago O'Hare International Airport.
To best assist passengers, ADR, the company managing the Rome airports, makes available on its site "Informed Travel", useful guide with tips for travellers.
For those departing -It is essential to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours and 30 minutes before the flight departure time. Contact the airline to know the times involved and form of ID needed, based on the destination. The carrier sets measurements and weights of hand and checked baggage, which is good practice to make identifiable with one's information (name, surname and contact details) on the inside and outside. The list of items allowed on board is available at the portal www.adr.it.
For those arriving - Once off the plane, see the information screens to find out the baggage carousel number and the handler entrusted with the responsibility of the bag. For information on connections to and from Rome, you can contact one of the eight manned Info Points. Operators are also reachable from the 32 interactive totems distributed around the Terminals and outdoor areas.
For those accompanying - Free parking for the first 30 minutes in 80 parking spaces on the ground floor of Multi-storey A in front of T1, and 160 parking spaces in the uncovered area in front of T3, on the "Arrivals" level.
Airport parking - The Easy Parking solutions fit every need, from the Multi-storeys also accessible with Telepass to the particularly economical Long Term car park; all bookable online at www.adr.it.
- Multi-storey: covered parking spaces, connected to the Terminals via moving walkways.
- Long Term Parking:2,000 covered and 2,000 uncovered spaces, connected to the Terminals by a free shuttle service, operating 24/7.
- Executive Parking:Convenience without compromise. Spacious parking, insurance coverage, maximum proximity to the Terminals and greeting service for fast check-in.
- Disabled parking spaces: reserved andfree, theyare available at Multi-storeys A-B-C-D-E.
- Pink parking: reserved for new and expectant mothers, available at level 4 of Multi-storey D and in sector 2 of the Long Term Parking, identified with the pink stripes.
With Telepass you can also:
- reserve parking at the best rates available online
- skip the parking entrance and exit queues
- enter and exit through reserved lanes
- avoid having to withdraw and retain the parking entrance ticket
- avoid going to the cashiers to pay at the end of the stay
- debit the parking charges directly on the Telepass account, consult the list of parking stays, create an expense report and view invoices in the reserved area of www.telepass.it .
All information is available directly on iPad and iPhone, thanks to the free app downloadable from iTunes, and on all other smartphones thanks to the mobile version of www.adr.it .
ADR S.p.A. External Communications