Energy - AEROPORTI DI ROMA
Aeroporti di Roma is committed to achieving the following Sustainable Developments Goals.
Since 2009 we have dedicated dozens of projects every single year to reducing energy consumption and increasing efficiency.
- We have saved 214,000,000 kWh of electricity in the last 10 years
- The saving is equal to 600,000 Rome - Milan return trips by car
- We have installed about 100,000 LED lights which equal the public lighting of the entire city of Turin
- The main energy fields in which we have created efficiency are: lighting, air conditioning (cooling and heating), renewable sources, luggage systems, computer systems for the automatic detection of fdd inefficiencies
- We have earned the ISO 50001 Certification (in terms of energy savings), first great airport certificate since 2012
- We have reduced by 50% the consumption of electricity, expressed in TEP per passenger per m2 in the last 12 years
- We are the first airport in the world to have joined the EP-100 of “The Climate Group”
- Since 2011, the year of the first Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) certification, ADR has constantly improved its carbon emissions, up to the achievement of level 3+ of ACA “Neutrality” accreditation by ACI Europe for Fiumicino airport since 2013 and for Ciampino airport since 2018. To actively combat climate change, ADR intended to undertake the commitments and challenges that led Rome’s Ciampino and Fiumicino airports to obtain the Airport Carbon Accreditation 4+ “ Transition”. This is the maximum level of certification introduced by the ACI at the end of 2020. The Rome airports were the first in Europe and third in the world to achieve this result
- The emissions per passenger are constantly decreasing thanks to the large investments in energy efficiency and a management focused on reducing emissions
- Reduction of indirect emissions thanks to the involvement of the stakeholders through the use of Free-Floating Car-sharing and the enhancement of the parking areas of the buses, as sustainable alternatives for the arrival of the passengers at the airport