From Fiumicino Airport reach the centre of Rome quickly by train with Trenitalia.
From the railway station, located in the airport, near the Arrivals and Departures terminals, you can reach the city centre with many, frequent Trenitalia's connections:
- Leonardo Express, a non-stop service exclusively for airport passengers to/from Rome Termini railway station leaving every 15 minutes* with a journey time of 32 minutes
- Regional FL1 trains to/from other stations in Rome, including Rome Tiburtina, with departures every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays
* - departures every 30’ from Fiumicino Airport before 07.08 and after 21.08 and between 10.08/10.38 and 14.08/14.38
- departures every 30’ from Rome Termini before 06.20 and after 20.20 and between 09.50/10.20 and 13.50/14.20
Thanks to the High Speed Trenitalia connection you can quickly reach the main cities of the northeast (Venice and Padua) and the centre of Italy (Bologna and Florence).
Frecciargento: four high-speed trains, two arriving and two leaving, connect Leonardo da Vinci Airport with the cities of Rome, Florence, Bologna, Padua and Venice on a daily basis, without having to change trains.
- Departure from Fiumicino Airport: 11.08 and 15:08
- Arrival at Fiumicino Airport: 9:52 and 13:52
Discounts at the airport for those travelling on the Leonardo Express
If you buy your Leonardo Express ticket on-line on www.trenitalia.com from today it will be possible to further speed up security by using the Terminal 3 Fast Track service, at the discounted price of 4 instead of 5 euro. Just show a printed copy of the Leonardo Express ticket purchased online - valid for the day - to the operator of the T3 Aeroporti di Roma Info Point, to get an immediate discount of 20%.
And again for holders of Leonardo Express tickets purchased online a reduced price for access to VIP lounges (Le Anfore in boarding area E31-E44 and I Mosaici in boarding area D) for an exclusive and comfortable stay while waiting for your flight.
The admission price drops from €30 to €24 by simply showing your Leonardo Express ticket purchased online - and valid for the day - to the operators of T1 and T3 Aeroporti di Roma Info Points.
Particular attention is paid to families with children, if the adults are in possession of online tickets valid for the day:
- for each adult with a Fast Track Pass a child under 12 years of age can enter for free.
- access to the VIP lounges is free for children aged 0-2 years, and the full fare is discounted by 50% for children from 2-12 years.