To & from Fiumicino
New traffic flow
New access roadways are now open at Leonardo da Vinci airport. Traffic flows to and from the Arrivals and Departures areas will undergo a radical change, a sort of revolution for frequent fliers and airport operators used to the current system. As a result of an infrastructural plan involving an investment of two million euro, traffic flows to and from Leonardo da Vinci airport will be far simpler and, above all, less congested.
The plan will be implemented in two stages, with the Arrivals area traffic, considered the most critical, modified within the month of June and the Departures area within the month of December 2011.
The roadway system will be divided into primary and secondary traffic flows.
- The initial stage of the project was made operative on 20 April, when Aeroporti di Roma, in order to facilitate access to Bus stops for arriving passengers, inaugurated the new BUS STATION, next to the Terminal 3 exits, with passengers no longer having to cross the main road, thanks to a protected pedestrian walkway.
- 27 May was the first day of the great revolution, when access to primary roadways, in front of Terminals 1, 2 and 3 was closed to all private vehicles, except for those with special disabled driver stickers. On that day, private vehicles were routed along the secondary roadways, providing convenient access to the C and D Multilevel-Comfort car parks. On 25 June, the project's final day, 230 parking spots will be made available free of charge (80 in the "Short Stay-P1 30min free" area of Multilevel-Comfort A, opposite T1 – 150 in the "Short Stay-P3 30min free" area opposite T3) for assistants and the public, with a 30-minute limit.
Find the information you need:
1) Private – assistance
2) Arriving passengers
3) Bus drivers
4) NCC - Car Rental With Driver (non-concessionaire)
5) Differently able
Starting on 27 May, people coming to the airport to pick up arriving passengers were not able to access the main roadways with a private vehicle and will instead be automatically directed towards the parking areas of the secondary roadway system, from which they can access Multilevel-Comfort car parks C and D. On 25 June, the project's final day, 230 parking spots will be made available (80 in the "Short Stay-P1 30min free" area, located in Multilevel-Comfort A, opposite T1 – 150 in the "Short Stay-P3 30min free" area opposite T3) where assistants and the public can park their vehicles free of charge for 30 minutes.
Inside the Terminals, in the baggage claim areas, ADR provides passengers with a complete range of information regarding the types of transport available for reaching the city centre, which is displayed on dedicated panels located above the baggage carousel. The stops of the bus lines operating at "Leonardo da Vinci" airport are equipped with monitors displaying the schedules, installed by Aeroporti di Roma.
Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumicino airport can be reached by several public bus lines, as well as private bus services.
Links with national and international arrivals are provided by COTRAL buses, as well as "SIT BUS SHUTTLE" and "AUTONOLEGGIO TIRRENO"
Bus stops for the line are located opposite the Arrivals area of Terminal 2. Tickets may be purchased on board. COTRAL buses are bound for the Roma Tiburtina railway station, with a stop in Piazza dei Cinquecento, opposite the Roma Termini railway station. Other COTRAL links to the airport leave from the Cornelia station of Line A of the Rome underground and from the Eur-Magliana station of Line B.
For additional information, check the following website: www.cotralspa.it
"Sit Bus Shuttle" buses provide a link to Fiumicino airport from several points in the centre of Rome (Piazza Cavour and Stazione Termini, in Via Marsala). The stop at "Leonardo da Vinci" airport is located at the exit of Terminal 3, with a dedicated pedestrian walkway leading to the "Bus Station". The Sit Bus Shuttle buses are at parking space no.1. Tickets may be purchased on board. For additional information, check the following website: www.sitbusshuttle.it
"Autonoleggio Tirreno" buses utilise parking space no 2 of the "BUS STATION", next to the exits from the Terminal 3 – Arrivals area. The destination is in the Ostiense area, in Piazza 12 ottobre 1942. The service is available seven days a week. Tickets may be purchased on board. Autonoleggio Tirreno buses also provide a link to the Port of Fiumicino. For additional information, check the following website: www.autonoleggiotirreno.it
There are two kinds of car parks:
a) Parking areas with a maximum stay of 45' opposite Terminals 1 and 3.
b) Parking area next to the Long Term-Economy car park (for stays of more than 45 minutes).
a) The buses serving passengers arriving at Leonardo da Vinci airport are authorised to park in their designated spaces, next to the exits of Terminal 3 (Arrivals), for a maximum of 45 minutes. The maximum fee for 45 minutes of parking is 4.50 euro (1.50 euro for each 15 minutes). If buses arrive at the airport before the start of the maximum parking period permitted, they must wait for their space in the designated parking area, adjacent to the Long Term-Economy parking area.
b) The new BUS parking area, next to the Long Term-Economy car park, just 4 kilometres from the Terminals, can be accessed directly from the highway and offers 50 free parking spaces for buses, which can proceed directly to the Arrivals area (Bus Station opposite Terminal 3) only 45 minutes prior to the passengers' estimated time of arrival. The inauguration of the Bus Station is part of an integrated plan of interventions undertaken by Aeroporti di Roma to improve traffic flows at Leonardo da Vinci airport.
NCC - Car Rental With Driver (non-concessionaire)
In accordance with ENAC 14-2009 directive for non-concessionaire drivers of NCC (Rentals With Driver) vehicles, the following parking areas have been designated:
- one next to the Bus Station near the Long Term-Economy car park, directly accessible from the Roma – Fiumicino highway
- one with 13 parking spaces, opposite Terminal 1 (T1)
- one with 27 parking spaces, opposite Terminal 3 (T3)
Vehicles with differently able drivers/passengers are allowed to use the primary roadways, just as they did previously, and the following spaces are available to them:
- 4 parking spaces opposite Terminal 1 (T1)
- 8 parking spaces opposite Terminal 3 (T3)
Breve Sosta-P30min gratis = Short Stay-p 30min free
Parcheggi Multipiano-Comfort = Multilevel-Comfort car parks
Enti di stato = Government Agencies
Auto private = Private cars