Rome travel guide
Jazz, Pop, Rock
Concerts at Parco della Musica
AUDITORIUM PARCO DELLA MUSICA. Viale Pietro de Coubertin, 30. Information: 0680241281. Time: 9 p.m.
Concerts in March
- Saturday, 3rd: Nicola Piovani in Epta'. An orchestral suite for seven musicians who perform a cycle of seven movements.
- Monday, 12th: Brad Mehldau Trio, one of the most amazing jazz formations in the later years.
- Thursday, 29th: Teresa Salgueiro, Portuguese singer, in ‘O Mistério'.
- Saturday, 31st: Alva Noto and Blixa Bargeldo Duo. Two of the most important musicians of our time.
- Monday, 5th: E. Pieranunzi, S. Colley, A. Sanchez in Permutation Trio.
- Friday, 23rd: Eclectic musician, icon of contemporary avant-garde music, with his guitar Marc Ribot knows how to move from jazz to punk, from Cuban music to compositions by Scelsi.
Sala Santa Cecilia
- Wednesday, 7th: On stage, Mario Biondi with his warm, deep, sensual yet clear and sure voice.
- Wednesday, 14th: An extraordinary duo that has made history in jazz, pianist Chick Corea and vibraphonist Gary Burton.
- Wednesday, 21st: Daniele Silvestri and Pino Marino in Teatro Canzone, a genius mix of theatre and songs.
- Sunday, 25th: Noemi RossoNoemi Tour 2012. Teatro Studio
- Tuesday, 13th: Roberto Gatto, H. Bennink, D. Moroni in The Thinking Drums.
- Saturday, 31st: Multi-media project of live music and images dedicated to women from the beginning and middle of the 20th century, as seen and represented by another contemporary woman painter: Marie Reine Levrat. G. Ascolese drums, vibraphone.
AUDITORIUM DELLA CONCILIAZIONE
Franco Battiato in ‘Up Patriots to Arms'
Saturday, 17 March: Alive show with great rhythms, an exciting journey through time including way back in Franco Battiato's repertoire.
Thursday, 29 March: The singer from Romagna, loved by many, has written many of the songs that accompany us in our daily lives.
Friday, 30 March: The famous American singer and songwriter makes a welcome return to Italy for a unique tour. An even more amazing chance to listen live to the songs that made him famous and are loved by the young and not so young around the world.
Concerts at the Palalottomatica
PALALOTTOMATICA. Piazzale dello Sport. Information: 199128800. Time: 21.
8 and 9 March
The popular Roman singer and songwriter proposes the songs from his 20th album ‘Unica' and traditional successes.
Saturday, 10 March: ‘Grande Nazione' is their new album and the inspiration for their new tour .
Saturday, 24 March: on stage the redheaded singer moves us with her warm voice her
profound lyrics and her touching music.